Thursday, July 12, 2018

Thursday, July 11th - Day #4


Meet the Staff – Dennis Neumann, Immanuel Lutheran, Alpena, MI
    My experience from past mission teams has shown me that both young children and adults learn better if the English Camp is a fun experience. My job is to help provide games and recreation activities for the various age groups.  We will use a parachute, frisbees, balls and other sports equipment to play games with the children.  We taped off a “Four Square” on the driveway for the kids to use.
I purchased a wide array of sport Equipment with a Thrivent Grant.  It has been a great delight to work with Oliver Vinovskis leading the children in all sorts of games and activities.  His youth and vigor has brought a great energy level to the activities.
This is my 5th ESL camp in Latvia, both to the Sloka Church and St John’s in Riga.  I have also been on Mission trips with my home church, Immanuel in Alpena, MI to Poland, Peru and Nicaragua. The trips to South and Central America were medically oriented with both eye glass distribution and a dental component   These were in conjunction with MOST Ministries.

No comments:

Post a Comment