Thursday, July 4, 2019

LEC Team 2019 Team Introductions - Kurt Oettl (4)

Latvia English Camp 2019  Team Introductions Kurt Oettl



Kurt Oettl - Latvia 2019
1. Have you been a mission trip before? Where did you go? If this is your first trip, do you have any concerns/ hopes?
As this is my first mission trip, I am anxious yet excited.  I'm concerned about being fully prepared, and connecting with the students.  But I know God will lead me in the right direction to do so.



2. . How long have you attended your home church? What are some activities you participate in there?
I've been at St Luke's for about 8 years now.  I've helped with the youth in the past, and in the men's ministries.


Taking picture of suitcase contents

3. What is your school & major or working background?
I have been a Social Studies teacher at Winter Springs HS for the past 16 years.  (I teach AP Macroeconomics and Honors level Economics)  I was also the head women's soccer coach there for 15 years.


Packing Team on Tuesday evening

4. What is one of your skills and abilities that will help make you a great addition to the team?
Hopefully my talents as a teacher will lend themselves to working with the students in Sloka.  I have an enthusiasm for travel and experiencing new cultures.

Wondering about all those supplies

Team members sharing a teaching supply moment

Enjoying Lunch at Lido 


Blog #4 7/4/19

No comments:

Post a Comment