Tuesday, July 9, 2019

LEC Team 2019 Team Introductions - Justin Cadarette (18)

Latvia English Camp Introductions -

 Justin Cadarette

This will be my third mission trip. The first one I went to (in 2015) was an ESL trip to Latvia with MOST Missions and with my grandfather - Dennis through St. John’s Lutheran Church in Riga. I have also been on an ESL and volunteer trip through GIVE International to Tanzania (in 2018). 

Grandfather and grandson

Since I was born (20 years) I have been going to my home church of Immanuel Lutheran in Alpena, MI. I have participated in and volunteered with VBS, Youth Group, and summer Bible studies. In Ann Arbor, MI (where I study at University of Michigan) I attend St. Paul’s Lutheran Church (for 2 years now) where I have attended Bible study. 

I am going into my junior year at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI studying secondary education with concentrations in social studies and German. For the past two years I have been working with America Reads tutoring children in local elementary schools there with reading and writing. 

Teammates Caroline and Justin

One skill I have is that I am good with playing and interacting with kids. I also am good at explaining and teaching language due to my prior experiences with teaching/tutoring English and learning different languages. 


The most special thing I have done is visiting the holy sites around Israel and the West Bank (in Jerusalem, Nazareth, Nablus, Bethlehem, Beit Sahour, etc). 



Blog #18 7/9/19






No comments:

Post a Comment