Wednesday, July 10, 2019

LEC Team 2019 Team Introductions - Hank Millies (27)

Latvia English Camp Team Introductions


2019 Latvia English Team


Hank Millies - Adult Class teacher

Have you been a mission trip before? Where did you go? 


This is my 7th trip to Latvia and my 11th in total short term mission service.  I’ve also been to Paraguay, twice to Haiti and to Jamaica once.

 

2. . How long have you attended your home church? What are some activities you participate in there?

 Bev & I have been married for 53 years. We have attended St Luke’s since moving into the Lutheran Haven in 2006.  I have been heavily involved in the Elder Board at St Luke’s ministry over 9 years, as well as men’s Bible Study ministry, Night In Bethlehem and the church Choir.  Currently I am in the church choir and am the Chairman of the Elder Board.

 

3. What is your school & major or working background?

 I attended the University of Florida and earned a degree in psychology.  I served in Sierra Leone with Lutheran Bible Translators for 5 years in the 1978-1983.  I have also studied at Concordia Seminary in Springfield, IL for 1 year, prior to serving in Africa.

Henry, a pensive interlude

4. What is one of your skills and abilities that will help make you a great addition to the team? 

I enjoy working with adults. I am also very organized & make very detailed lesson plans for my service in Latvia.   I have established many very close relationships with the class members over the years.

 
Henry and Richards and Dzintra

Hank and Vanda, his interpreter

5. What is the most unusual or special thing you've ever done?
Living with my young family in a African village when Bev and I were missionaries with Lutheran Bible Translators serving in Sierra Leone.

No comments:

Post a Comment