Sunday, July 7, 2019

LEC Team 2019 Team Introductions - Peggy Lukas (16)

Latvia English Camp Introductions - Peggy Lukas


I have not been on a mission trip before.  Preparing for the trip with its different variables has been challenging but I know God will bless our efforts.  


 I have attended St Luke’s Lutheran since 1971 when I came as a new graduate from Concordia Seward.  I sing in choir and have recently returned to hand bells. I have served on the school board and as a Sunday school teacher and SS superintendent.  I returned to the classroom as a kindergarten aide. 


I graduated with a degree in education from with an emphasis in math and music.  I taught 4th grade and then returned to aide in Kindergarten.


Since retiring I’ve been able to reconnect with the LWML morning group and work with them on various local outreach projects. 


 I love meeting new people especially children.


Aside from being able to share the love of Jesus while teaching so many children over the years, I feel very blessed that I was able to be a stay-at-home mom and raise my 4 children. Now I enjoy watching as they parent their children and I can continue to pass on God’s love to my grandchildren.   (Don’t think my bionic status is that special…maybe unique.  Editor, You will need to see Peggy to discover her "bionic" secret! )

Blog # 16 7/7/19 

No comments:

Post a Comment